Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Collections

I just found out, merely by accident, that my daughter has started an extensive (already) collection of used band-aids. It was mere coincidence that I even found out. I had told her to take off her toe band-aid before she took a shower last night. Instead of heading to the garbage, I saw her go into her room. I really wanted to catch her throwing it on the floor, because then I could rant and rave, etc. Instead, she crawled onto her bed, laid down, looked underneath her bookshelf, and stuck her band-aid to the bottom of the shelf.

I asked her what the heck she thought she was doing, and then I went to recover the band-aid to make her throw it away. Imagine my surprise when I found almost a square foot of the bottom of her bookcase shelf covered with a myriad of different cartoon bandages. Who knows how far this collection goes back.....

She smiled at me, very proudly, and announced that she collects band-aids, but only the cartoon kind.
Incidentally, this is the same kid that aspires to be a dead-animal-picker-upper (sharikalsta.blogspot.com/2005/05/peel-cat-services.html). My heart swells with pride once again.

2 Comments:

At 1:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gnarly

 
At 1:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope they did not smell funny

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative 
Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.